A day long holiday – Winter Retreat
Unwind, settle your bones and slip behind the incessant chatter of the mind.
Drink in the beauty of the Pawtuxet Cove and exhale.Our time together will begin with introductions and brief sharing.We will then move to our mats for a slow, deep, embodied practice of postures, breath and dharana (meditative focus). We will do a bit of self inquiry to establish personal intention for retreat.
Morning practice will be followed by lunch and if weather permits we will follow that with a walk around the cove. Afternoon practice will be a mix of somatics and restorative poses. Time will be saved for a final sharing and we will close with some tips for integrating your experience into daily living.
Saturday, December 3, 2022 – 10:30am -4:30pm
Aspray Boat House – 2 E View St, Warwick, RI 02888
(Pawtuxet Village Park, the driveway/parking lot to the right of the park)
Early Bird – $80 by November 14. $92 after 11/14.
- Optional Vegetarian light lunch add $10 (soup, salad, bread and dessert)
- Please inform ellen of any food allergies or restrictions, if purchasing lunch.
- There will be hot water and tea available all day for everyone
Please bring the following to retreat:
- Props – mat, cushion/folded blanked for sitting, strap, block(s), bolster and/or 2 firm blankets. Everyone will have a chair near their mat for sitting or support with poses. Please don’t buy stuff. If there is something you need to borrow, let ellen know.
- A journal, if you’d like
- If you do not to purchase lunch, please bring a lunch. There will not be time to go to a restaurant.
- Water bottle
- Compostable paper goods will be used to serve lunch. If you prefer bring a bowl, fork and spoon for your comfort
- Dress in comfortable layers. I have not been in this building during the winter. It is heated, but that’s all I know.
- Socks or slippers might be desired
Payment – by check made out to Ellen Schaeffer. Mail to: PO Box 9172 Warwick RI 02889